To support the studio team in the refinement and artworking of complex direct marketing, press, editorial, digital and integrated campaigns for some of the biggest charities in the UK, USA and Europe. This is a new role in the agency and is therefore, a great opportunity to influence Open’s creative processes, working autonomously as you establish the role.
As the vital last point of refinement for any creative work leaving the studio, you will be tasked with keeping standards high and must have meticulous attention to detail. You will possess the ability to manage and prioritise a complex workload, comfortable working autonomously and to tight deadlines. You must relish the idea of working collaboratively and be adept at building rapport and nurturing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities (not exhaustive):
- Produce high quality material for print and digital purposes for a range of clients including Unicef, British Red Cross, Battersea Dogs and Cats Home and the British Heart Foundation.
- Work closely with our art directors and copywriters to interrogate and action client feedback.
- Assist with image retouching and visualising.
- Build relationships with printers, suppliers and partner agencies.
- File and font management.
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite.
- 1-3 years of experience within the industry.
- Diverse portfolio which demonstrates proficiency in artworking across a variety of executions.
- Solid print-process knowledge.
- Previous experience of working in a creative agency or an in-house studio.
- Experience working on digital projects/basic HTML knowledge.
- Good writing and proofreading skills.
Likely Key Performance Indicators:
- Is the work leaving the building to our usual high standards?
- Is the work delivered on time and on budget?
- Is the artworker working seamlessly with the existing members of staff – Designers, Writers and Client Services?
- Are the clients happy with the work?
Key Interactions (between postholder and others):
- Work closely with the art directors, who will both brief in new work and check it upon completion.
- Work closely with copywriters to ensure effective and responsive creative is maintained throughout the latter stages of development.
- Work closely with multiple Client Service teams to ensure client feedback is actioned.
- Work closely with the Delivery team to ensure all work is carried out to pre-agreed deadlines and budgets.
- Work closely with printers and suppliers to build key relationships and clear, effective ways of working.