Prophet is a global brand and marketing consultancy that fuses insights, strategy, creativity and imagination to help clients grow better brands and businesses. We uncover deeper customer insights, build stronger brand relevance and deliver engaging customer experiences for some of the world’s most successful companies such as Electrolux, T-Mobile, GE, Keurig Green Mountain, UBS, Gatorade, Cisco, Target, and ThyssenKrupp AG. Our 300+ experts in marketing, innovation, digital and design help companies bridge the gap between strategy and execution to drive real market impact.
More specifically, we help our clients improve impact and reputation through:
- Sound branding and go-to-market strategies
- A deeper understanding of what drives ROI and brand value
- Compelling visual identities, branded environments, and customer experiences
- Engaging digital strategies and customer experiences
- Enhanced brand management, marketing, and innovation capabilities
- New products, services, and experiences
The firm is widely recognized for making numerous contributions to the science and knowledge of branding and marketing strategy, as captured in books by David Aaker, Scott Davis, and Michael Dunn, including Brand Relevance, The Shift, Spanning Silos, Building Strong Brands, Brand Portfolio Strategy, Building the Brand-Driven Business, and Brand Asset Management. More recently Andy Stefanovich published a best-selling book focusing on innovation – Look at More Stuff. Our Partners are sought after thought leaders and experts, with their viewpoints regularly appearing in such media as Advertising Age, CNBC, CNET, Forbes, HBR, Marketing, Marketing Week, among others.
Prophet employees come from diverse backgrounds in advertising, consulting, academics, and industry positions as brand and marketing executives. This enables Prophet to bring strategy and imagination to our clients’ most difficult challenges. We currently maintain offices in Atlanta, Berlin, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, Richmond, San Francisco, and Zurich.
We are seeking a senior level Designer with solid experience in corporate branding, print graphics, packaging, environments, and digital areas. The Design Director will be responsible for collaborating with senior leadership to build the firm’s design practice, and will also serve as an advisory consultant on client projects.
This person will be based in Prophet’s Hong Kong office. Applicants accepted from any location.
- Manage design teams across multiple client engagements, driving high quality deliverables
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary project teams across strategy, design, and innovation to deliver best in class results for clients
- Create and share vision for design strategy engagements
- Participate in the business development process, including working on pitches and presentations to prospective clients and developing proposals
- Build deep client relationships across projects
- Manage deliverables, timelines and budgets of all engagements
- Provide leadership for project teams, infusing a superior design aesthetic into the work
- Manage and cultivate the professional development of staff members
Qualifications / Experience
- Must have significant experience in delivering strategic design consulting services at a leading professional services firm or design agency
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Additionally, fluency in Mandarin is preferred.
- Experience managing teams with diverse design backgrounds
- Excellent presentation (oral and written) skills; thought leadership development a plus
- Long term client relationship development experience
- Should be comfortable with travel necessary in a client service business