As a great leader you place your core values in developing the right team culture where designers are encouraged to take accountability, seek feedback and most of all take pride in their design craft. Insights and data will empower you and your team to shape and improve the lives of people when coupled with a clear understanding of their needs. You’re no stranger to working with code and creating in-browser prototypes. Optimisation tools are your natural way of pushing the needle against your KPI’s.
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship for a team of Designers; lead creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms and devices.
- Empower your team to define, influence, and drive the user experience vision for projects through design and development
- Be ultimately responsible for all design output from your team. Review and provide feedback for artifacts generated by your team
- Lead UX design for some of Tesco’s most important projects
- Work with multidisciplinary teams across the business to Identify core customer missions, create user journeys and experiences that let our customers use our products seamlessly.
- In addition, work across the company’s multi-platform sites: and support experiences developed based on responsive design principles while contributing in development of our design system.
- This role will best suit an individual who embraces unique skillsets of each team member and seeks team effort over individual achievements, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
Key Skills and Experience
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Expertise in research, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, user testing, and implementation.
- Solid understanding of web technologies and software development life cycle would be a great advantage (no coding required).
- Expertise in creating quick sketches, paper prototypes and translating them to fully functional prototypes that are used throughout our design process to validate your solutions against customer needs while ensuring your solutions are technically feasible.
- Experience with data analytics and optimization tools such as Omniture, Test & Target, optimizely would be desirable, but not essential.
- Improve research, design, and development processes to gain efficiency, remove obstacles, and simplify problems.
- Work in partnership with Product Managers, Researchers and Engineering to align design vision and activities with our business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology or other related field.
- 5+ years of experience.