The position of Junior Graphic Designer is an important role in a very busy marketing department, which consists of eight other full-time employees. A minimum of 1 year experience is required.
The role is to support the marketing team in producing a broad range of digital and printed marketing materials, working on projects from start to finish, as well as working with third party agencies as appropriate. The role would be suited to a designer looking to gain experience of working in a luxury market where attention to detail is paramount.
You will have good Mac skills, HTML experience and be familiar with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. Basic knowledge of print processes would also be an advantage.
Main job responsibilities will include the following:
- Produce print ready artwork on a range of marketing collateral including but not limited to: brochures, flyers, presentations, exhibition signage, branding for merchandise, stationery items and advertisements. This may involve implementing new designs or using existing templates and/or designing new templates.
- Manage content, image selection and proofing
- Design digital brochures, flyers and presentations
- Design basic digital assets such as email headers and footers, web pages and banners, templates in Word and PowerPoint
- Manage and manipulate logos and imagery for website, HTML email templates and social media uses
- Create page turner documents
- Manage the image and artwork database
- Image retouching
- Support the implementation of a new digital asset management solution
- Assist colleagues across departments with Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat and PowerPoint skills, and with the use of branded corporate templates
- Supply logos, fonts, graphics and brand guidelines to internal and external parties
Required skills, key competencies and personal qualities
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and work to deadlines
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Good team player but also self-motivated and able to act on initiative
- Excellent communication skills
Desirable (but not essential)
- Copywriting skills
- Knowledge of the superyacht industry
- Luxury industry marketing experience
- Microsoft CRM