About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to simple and affordable legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
Rocket Lawyer pioneered online legal services in the United States and United Kingdom, and we have already launched in France, Spain and Netherlands. Come be a member of our international, multi-disciplinary design team where you will be responsible for crafting the future of our brand and marketing. Our passionate design team values collaboration, sharing ideas, and championing user-centered experiences across the organization. Marketing designers at Rocket Lawyer are responsible for owning every aspect of marketing design from concept to execution. The ideal candidate has agency experience and is passionate about brand and communication design. They possess a keen eye for details and aesthetics but can also communicate the “why” of their decisions. This designer can advocate for design consistency across all functions of our organization and is highly skilled at creating landing pages, display ads, emails, presentation decks, illustrations, and animations.
Ours is a design-lead organization that takes pride in shipping functional and engaging products. This is an opportunity to develop and define how small businesses and consumers get legal solutions anywhere, anytime. We are looking for an optimistic designer who can tell stories, push design boundaries, and bring a fresh perspective to elevating the quality of marketing, communications and the Rocket Lawyer brand on a global scale.
Rocket Lawyer UK is based in Shoreditch, the best place to work in London. As well as the London marketing team, you will be working with marketers from Paris, Madrid, The Hague and San Francisco.
A Day in the Life
- Collaborate with marketers in the UK, France, Spain, Netherlands and the US to understand project needs and goals
- When needed, lead cross-functional teams through hands-on design ideation sessions
- Express your understanding of a customer’s journey through storyboards or user flows
- Design landing pages, display ads, emails, presentation decks, illustrations, and animations within the styles defined in our brand guidelines
- Present designs to key stakeholders and gain alignment around decisions
- Deliver detailed, pixel perfect assets and specs to our developers
- Strong portfolio demonstrating high-caliber visual, branding, and interaction design skills
- Experience designing for responsive web content and emails
- Excellent verbal communication skills in expressing design decisions to your team members
- Strong aptitude for giving and taking direction
- Approach problem solving with a positive attitude and eagerness to collaborate with your teammates
- Expert knowledge in branding, graphic design and responsive web standards
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Webflow, or whatever tools you prefer to get the job done
- Authorization to work in the United Kingdom
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as a designer
Preferred Qualifications / Personal Characteristics:
- Fluency in European languages is a plus
- Understands HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience designing for consumer or commercial web and mobile products
- Working knowledge of interaction animation
- Detail oriented, driven and self-motivated