Inktrap is a design studio that creates brilliant interfaces, websites and apps for innovative clients, from ambitious startups to established businesses.
There are currently five of us and we’re now looking for a talented digital designer to join the team and help us make interfaces that are beautiful, engaging and effective.
As part of the team you’d be:
- Designing beautiful user interfaces for apps and websites
- Creating interactive prototypes to demonstrate your designs and test them with users
- Sketching out wireframes and screen maps with clients and the team
- Collaborating with developers to ensure your designs are implemented to a high standard
This is a permanent role based at our office in London, not remote. Approximate start June/July 2017.
Skills and experience
Below is a list of the skills and experience that we’d like you to have but don’t worry if they don’t fit perfectly. As we’re a small studio it’s much more important that you’re a great fit for the team rather than covering every point.
- Graduate from a design course (or 1+ years of commercial design experience)
- Experience with common tools for design and prototyping (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Photoshop and InVision)
- Strong portfolio of UX and UI design work
- Excellent attention to design and layout details
- Able to communicate your ideas clearly and explain design decisions
- Basic understanding of web technologies (HTML and CSS)
- Great at working independently from initial direction
- Good standard of written and spoken English
Any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience making interface animations using Adobe After Effects
We’re looking for someone who has a real passion for making great products and can become a core part of our team.
- £25-32k, dependent on experience
- Small, tight-knit team so you’ll have a key role in the company
- Fast-paced, varied work on digital products for a wide range of interesting clients
- Work/life balance – we don’t do unpaid overtime!
- Modern co-working space in East London
- Events and workshops focused on design and development
- Regular team lunches
- Coffee, tea, fruit water, free beer and cider on tap
- Great location (30 seconds from Aldgate East station)