Brave New World is looking to recruit a talented middle-weight/senior graphic designer. Reporting to the Head of Editorial Design, responsibilities will include design across a range of magazines and books, including commissioning of illustration and photography, and up to and including creation of print-ready files and colour proofing/correcting. We are a creative agency and publishing house, based in Mayfair, producing a wide range of high-quality publications for clients including Red Valentino, Goodwood, Scott Dunn, St Regis, The Office Group (TOG), Graff, Oetker Collection. You will also be expected to contribute to pitches for new projects. The ability to understand the DNA of a brand and how to communicate this in an editorial context is key.
The ideal candidate will have an extremely keen eye for detail, great communication skills, show a good sense of understanding design direction and executing strong creative design ideas.
Collaboration is key, and we are looking for individuals who thrive in a team and are keen to learn from constructive criticism and collaboration.
Skill Set Summary:
- You will have at least 4 years’ experience in an editorial design role, ideally within an agency
- Expert knowledge in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are a must
- Strong knowledge of artwork, pre-press and repro procedures
- An Art, Design or Media based Honours Degree or Equivalent
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to multi-task and work collaboratively in a small and talented team.
- Have a portfolio full of beautiful and clever layouts and typography
- Be able to work independently but also possess a willingness to learn and improve skills and knowledge
- Be able to work in a team, but also on own initiative with a flexible attitude
- Be confident presenting ideas and solutions
- Be able to bring commercial proposals to life through the development of client-focused mock-ups
- To have a firm grasp of the production schedule and to help track workflow through the art desk
- To undertake any other duties that may be required from time to time, including assignments outside the editorial realm
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Send a covering letter, link to your portfolio and your CV to oc.dlrowwenevarbnull@assenav with ‘BNW DESIGN POSITION’ followed by your name in the subject line
*This is initially a freelance role with option to be made permanent