Location: London, Shoreditch
Salary: £25,000-35,000 (dependent upon experience) + profit-share scheme with ‘Founding Member’ status.
We are a new global community platform focused on connecting people with the knowledge and desire to make ideas happen. We have just completed another round of funding and are in the process of recruiting the rest of our founding team to fill up our brand new office space in London!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate:
- is a confident designer with a gift for developing creative designs that are in line with our brand and our users’ needs,
- has a strong desire to join an exciting new startup in London,
- is an excellent project manager.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Creating and implementing high-standard digital designs – for our brand (branding, logo, etc.), web platform (UX/UI, prototyping, etc.), ad campaigns, editorial content, and much more – that are original but in line with our brand, and always taking user experience into account.
- Working using an agile process across various platforms – digital brand , campaign , communications , web and mobile applications.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT US
We want to give people the power to connect, collaborate, share knowledge and raise funds to help life-changing ideas thrive and make a positive and powerful impact on the world, to benefit society.
Everyone in our company is encouraged to voice their opinions and contribute to finding the best solutions for our community. By joining us, you will learn and expand your capabilities from a wide variety of tasks, and you will help us set new goals for the startup as a whole. One thing is for sure, you won’t get bored.
- Must currently reside in London.
- Strong portfolio (graphic, UI/UI and branding).
- Strong background in web and mobile UI/UX design, Wireframing (e.g. InVision), Visual Design, Adobe Photoshop or Sketch.
- Strong background in branding, identity and logo design.
- Knowledgeable about the latest trends in web design.
- Obsessed with quality.
- Strong ability to handle pressure, prioritise and triage obligations, and meet deadlines, while also paying close attention to detail.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorised for employment in the United Kingdom and will not require employer-sponsored work authorisation now or in the future.
- BSc or MSc in UX/UI design or related field.
- Startup experience.
- Advanced understanding of the social media universe.
- 1+ years of experience leading a team (planning, managing, communicating work with other team members, etc.).
- Animated design experience.
- Mad video -producing skills.
- Experience working in an agile development team.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status and disability.