Who we’re looking for…
We’re on the hunt for a talented and passionate junior designer to blow our socks off with their creativity and can-do attitude! For this particular position, we’re looking for a designer with a keen interest and flair for print design. You should live and breathe good typography, be horrified by widows, think of Adobe InDesign as your best friend and arrange your desk with a baseline grid.
You must also be able to demonstrate that you are extremely eager to learn, are able to bring fresh, creative ideas to the table and possess the ability to articulate your creative thinking in both a proud yet humble way (or ‘prumble’ as we like to call it).
At designdough, we’re a really tight team and we’re excited to find someone with the same mentality as us, so you’ll need to be ready to get stuck in, work hard and contribute both creatively and personally.
Although we’d love our ideal candidate to have some design industry experience, if you’re a third-year Graphic Design student who can show us you have the know-how and the passion to become a top-class graphic designer, we’re more than happy to receive your application.
A little about us…
So what’s so special about designdough anyway? And why should you apply for this position? Well, besides the endless supply of coffee and regular pool games, we are a truly progressive branding agency backed by a friendly team of like-minded, creative individuals. Our culture is really important to us and we work hard to keep our team communicative, positive and collaborative on the daily. We are expanding and seriously ambitious, in both design and business terms, so we’re constantly looking to push the boundaries with every brief that comes our way and ensure that our clients are more than satisfied. Our creative process is both exciting and unique and has been carefully crafted by the team to ensure we’re all invested in every project so that the more that we put in, the more we get out.
- Know your way around the big three (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign). A specific love of InDesign definitely gets you bonus points.
- have a solid understanding of the design process, from concept to completion.
- have excellent layout skills and understand the importance of it.
- have a keen eye for spotless typography.
- be able to clearly and confidently articulate your design decisions.
- show a willingness and desire to work closely with different members of the team.
- be a people-person, able to build solid relationships with a varied range of clients.
- be able to manage your time and be confident in your ability to meet deadlines.
- have a desire to progress professionally and constantly improve your design skills.
- be positive, enthusiastic and approach all projects with a ‘can do’ attitude.
What you’ll get…
- Competitive salary
- An inspiring open-plan creative environment
- Regular team outings (often including beer-fuelled home-made pizza parties)
- Access to a good pension plan
- An unlimited supply of awesome coffee
- Be part of a super-friendly, supportive & encouraging team