Surfdome is an industry leading action sports e-commerce site. Together, as part of the SurfStitch Group, we serve a unique customer audience of over 6 million, representing a digital ecosystem capable of capturing and influencing all points of the surf and action sports lifestyle cycle.
Surfdome requires a Junior Digital Designer that can help us to develop a brand that speaks to our customers.
We’re on the lookout for a talented, friendly & enthusiastic Junior Digital Designer to help support the Marketing Department with all projects related to Surfdome’s business and activations. It’s a chance to get hands-on experience within a busy creative department which produces a wide variety of top quality campaigns, whether it be photoshoots, web design, visual identity, e-com marketing, presentations, mockups, production, copywriting & much more.
- Creation of: Web assets, Email design and build (HTML), Social posts, Internal comms, Photography and Creative research.
- Assist the design team with weekly site updates including: homepages, content pages and banners.
- Follow brand guidelines and templates to ensure consistency across all assets.
- Ensure assets will be displayed correctly on multiple devices.
- Follow seasonal design guidelines and support the team through season launches.
- Assistance on a variety of creative projects (photoshoots, production).
- Asset management and department liaison.
Qualifications and Skills
- Have 6-12 months digital design experience, preferably in retail.
- Ideally a BA in a relevant art, design or interactive degree.
- Fresh and original thinking with a wide ranging skill set with a keen eye for detail.
- Manage your time efficiently with the ability to switch between projects with ease and professionalism.
- Knowledge of HTML and responsive web design.
- Mac literate with excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (with Premier, XD and Bridge knowledge a bonus but not essential).
- An interest in digital trends, design and best practices.
- An understanding of digital production processes.
- Presentation skills, excellent communication and are collaborative working in a team.
- A proven understanding of typography, layout, consistency and grid structures.
- Hard worker and take instruction well.
- Quick to learn and able to think on your feet.
- Confident, enthusiastic & proactive.
- Have an interest in Boardsports.
Benefits and Perks
- Joining the Surfdome family means embracing what we stand for; from protecting our playgrounds, oceans, mountains and skate parks, to helping the community we live in.
- We want everyone to get involved in sporting activities we love and encourage you to get involved too; so whether football or yoga, hardcore fitness sessions, Summer Surf and Winter Ski trips, to week-day skate sessions, we want you to come along for the ride.
- Other benefits include: Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, great staff discount, Friday drinks, Summer working hours, a day off on your birthday, summer and winter staff parties, breakfast, fresh fruits & snacks every day, and we are adding more as we grow!