We are looking for a midweight publications and infographics designer to work within our experienced and friendly design team.
Designing print publications, infographics and simple data visualisation has been our bread and butter for the last decade. In this role you will be able to develop a wide range of skills, working on diverse print and digital projects as part of a small team within our wider design team.
We work hand in hand with our clients – mostly charities, NGOs, think tanks and research organisations – to communicate ideas that matter. Soapbox produces all types of creative output including print publications, infographics, branding, animation, websites and other digital products.
We are a close-knit, hard-working and ambitious agency. We expect all our staff to act autonomously and take responsibility for their own projects – with support when they need it, of course – so they can feel a personal sense of accomplishment when we successfully complete a piece of work. Reporting to a senior designer, you’ll need to be able to multitask and work on a variety of concurrent projects, often acting as the main point of contact for the client.
If that sounds appealing, get in touch.
About the role
We are looking for a talented all-round designer who has a particular interest in print publications and infographics. You will have an excellent command of written and spoken English and you should be ready to explain and justify design decisions to the client and your colleagues.
And if, on top of all this, you can demonstrate an interest in current affairs, public policy or open data, that would be the cherry on the cake.
- Engaging with clients and colleagues to ensure that the brief for individual jobs and projects is clearly defined and understood.
- Working efficiently to execute design work of a very high standard that clearly meets these briefs.
- Supporting other designers in carrying out their work, including deputising for more senior colleagues.
- Assisting colleagues as required in quoting for design, and in marketing and pitching for work, as well as contributing to the strategy and creative vision for the agency.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the agency’s practices, with a particular emphasis on data visualisation design.
- Keeping up with current trends and innovations in design and other relevant fields, and enhancing existing or learning new skills, as part of his or her own continuing professional development.
- Undergraduate degree in graphic design or a similar discipline
- Demonstrable professional experience as a designer
- Superb Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop skills
- Excellent command of written English and exceptional attention to detail
- An interest in current affairs, public policy and open data
- Experience of working in a customer-facing role
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
We offer a competitive salary and a good benefits package with some great perks, including:
- 34 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Cycle to work loans
- Pension scheme
- Flexitime working around core hours
- Family friendly policies
- Childcare vouchers