We’re an established brand and digital agency looking for a talented, intelligent business developer with a background in the industry and proven track record.
This will be an end to end role, from creating a strategic business development plan, developing our credentials, contacting potential businesses and generating meetings to networking, writing compelling campaigns, tender responses and getting the agency onto pitch lists.
You will be instrumental in shaping our future client base – [specifically] growing and developing the number of high value clients in our specialist sectors of healthcare, education, culture and charity/social.
We’re looking for someone who has a brilliant way with words both verbally and written, who can talk knowledgeably and with passion about brand and digital projects to open up potential opportunities; and develop compelling content for credentials, messaging, campaigns and responses to engage our target audiences.
Ideally you’ll have a wealth of contacts and previous experience of bringing in business in for a branding, design and digital agency.
About Design Culture
We are an independent brand and digital agency, specialising in working with clients in education, healthcare, culture and charity/social sectors. We have over ten years experience and a team of talented people who are committed to producing consistently great results.
Business Development Manager
Your key Responsibilities
You will be quick to understand us as an agency and get to grips with our client work to be able to talk knowledgeably and use that information effectively to win new business opportunities.
– To develop and drive through a strategic annual sales plan that will achieve our new business revenue targets – for both existing and new clients
– To acquire, qualify and manage new business contact data in our database; and to develop a contact strategy that will secure face-to-face meetings and tender opportunities.
– To develop a content strategy to support new business activities and generate content, messaging and positioning language to maximise response rates
– To develop the pitches and presentations to our clients to evidence our work and generate new business opportunities. And work with the creative teams to ensure that any required new business collateral is produced to present our services and case studies in the best light
– To manage the credentials process and give the initial credentials meetings along with one of the Directors
– To work with the Directors and the team to formulate and present inspiring and commercially focused responses to tenders
– To engage and communicate with the team on the new business activities so they are fully engaged and supportive of the activities required
Reporting to the Managing Director and Creative Director
Your qualifications, experience and skills
– Degree level qualification of 2:1 or above, ideally in business or marketing
– At least 5 years agency experience of directing and delivering sales for a creative business – ideally in brand, digital and creative communications
– Digital sales and marketing experience including prospecting, delivering sales campaigns, and nurturing prospect relationships
– Knowledge and understanding of the sectors we work in; and ability to talk convincingly about branding and digital
– Experience of using a CRM to manage the sales pipeline
Your personal Qualities
– Highly motivated person, driven to succeed
– Strong interpersonal skills necessary to build trust and respect both externally and internally
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong organisational and planning skills
– Good eye for detail, ambitious for work quality and a commitment to excellence