A quick overview
We have an exciting opportunity for a Presentation Designer to join our multi-disciplined Creative team of designers to produce beautiful high-quality graphics and PowerPoint presentations for a brand range of internal and external projects.
Whilst predominantly supporting Marketing, Sales and Consulting teams with presentation and document design, you will also be promoting our internal brand knowledge and providing training for on-brand presentation best practice.
You will have experience of MS PowerPoint, Prezi and Adobe CC , and have an outstanding portfolio of projects you’ve worked on, either individually or as part of a team. You should have an excellent understanding of typography, colours, layout and presentation, and know how to create a consistent visual language that is beautiful, stylish and recognizable.
As part of the Creative team you will help shape our brand, have the opportunity to own the direction of our presentation style and work on a variety of projects across the business, including some big name brands!
We are looking for someone with strong technical knowledge combined with a creative flair for design and layout. You will be a PowerPoint guru and know the programme inside out. Creating graphics, building templates and embedding media will be second nature to you!
We are a tight-knit and eclectic team who love to learn and share ideas. We offer training on request, and encourage creative thinking and collaboration on projects to enhance our creative knowledge. As a company we work with data analytics, and as Creative’s we like to push boundaries and question the norm.
We will be testing applicants with a short assessment of PowerPoint and Creative skills. Do you think you can take on the challenge?
What you’ll be doing
- Producing bespoke presentations and documentation for new business pitches, Product training, and Event talks – for both digital viewing and to be printed and bound.
- Producing on-brand template decks to be reused by internal teams (Master pages, layouts and templates)
- Producing guidelines and support for using our internal branded templates and providing training for internal teams on template best practice and brand usage
- Assisting teams in producing the right presentation for the job and how to tell their story in an engaging and visually beautiful way
- Exploring new ways to raise the bar for our presentations, i.e. animations, multi-media content
- Creating custom graphics and artwork for bespoke presentations ensuring graphics match the intent of the presentation – using Adobe CC
- Questioning content provided by content-owners to ensure presentations are produced with the right audience in mind and with an on-brand message
- Reviewing regularly with the Marketing and Creative teams to ensure visual and brand consistency for all materials produced
- Actively contributing to developing the department and drive the Creative outputs of the team
What technologies you’ll use
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Creative Cloud
What we look for
- Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint and Word – Particularly producing and editing PowerPoint master pages, layouts and templates (Essential)
- Pixel perfect attention to detail – Excellent layout, typography, iconography skills (Essential)
- Experience working with “Prezi” would be a bonus
- Experience creating and delivering presentations in a high-pressure environment
- A strong understanding of how brands are expressed in various digital forms and platforms
- Understanding of visual perception, colour theory and psychology, brand execution and implementation, and business communication.
- Up-to-date with the latest digital and print design trends, techniques and technologies
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Presentation designer role, or similar visually creative field (Essential)
- Previous experience creating high-quality image assets in Adobe CC, or other similar design software (Essential)
- Prior experience with visualising data, or visually presenting data/analytics in a visually appealing / infographic context would be preferable for us
- Understanding of visual metaphors and the ability to question and interpret content in a creative way, i.e. Interpreting bulleted text and expressing it in a visually engaging infographic.
- Ability to provide presentation decks and visualisations in an editable format so that those with a basic knowledge of PowerPoint are able to amend them
- Ability to juggle a number of tasks at once and consistently deliver high-quality work to timescale
- Willingness to listen to feedback and apply it during iterative design cycles
- Motivation to maintain and improve Creative team design standards, and a determination to achieve and succeed