The Senior Creative Editor is responsible for editing compelling video content for our clients, whilst collaborating with internal departments (Content, Design and Production) and external Directors to ensure the highest quality work is produced for our clients.
- To provide full edit duties for all of Maverick’s film content, ranging from educational films, to commercials and documentaries. Working closely with Directors and Producers to craft the finished film.
- Taking the lead on projects and supervising junior members of the team in order to deliver highest quality output.
- Providing training and mentoring to junior members of the team.
- Advising Primary Production on technical project needs, cameras, shooting formats, VFX workflows etc
- Contribute to the conceptualisation of projects, vision, storyline, creative development
- Coordinate voice-over narration, music selection, licensing of third-party content as required
- Assist with development of production plans, schedules, shot lists, crew lists, scripts, budgets and related preproduction preparation
- Timesheets must be recorded/completed at the end of each day, to ensure that they are accurate and up-to-date. This is a key part of the role and enables us to charge your time to our clients accurately.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A number of years of editorial experience with a strong portfolio in commercials, corporate and/or entertainment/broadcast industry
- Advanced knowledge of Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro and Avid (Mac based) edit systems
- Strong familiarity with advertising/ corporate creative workflow
- Must have expert knowledge of storytelling and editorial processes
- Ability to colour correct, mix audio (music, host audio, natural sound) and create basic support graphics
- Expertise with all digital media formats, encoding, transcoding and digital asset management and Green Screen and Multicam footage
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects under tight deadlines