Designwerk is looking for a spatial designer to work on a new sporting event in September.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with great ideas and creative flare. You will ideally have come from an architectural background and have experience in creating spatial design to a very high standard. Your portfolio should have examples of architectural drawings, a strong knowledge of Sketchup and visualization of space. You should have a good idea of standard industry measurements and be a real problem solver. If you have experience working within the sports branding world, that’s a bonus.
This is initially for a short contract starting immediately and working to mid-end of August. Timings will be discussed and determined following an interview.
- Highly adaptable and diverse skillset, with experience working across multiple media platforms.
- Print and environmental graphic experience, spatial and experiential proficiency, wayfinding and signage understanding, and technical skill in design and construction documentation.
- Expertise in concept sketching – both quick ideations and more complex presentation sketches.
- 3D CAD modelling, visualization and CAD drawings for plans/elevations – preferred but not essential
- Technical proficiency with SketchUp and Adobe Illustrator essential
- Proficiency in Rhino, Vectorworks or similar desirable
- Great communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- Ability to create and guide design strategies planning for space
- Articulate about design direction and how it is applied to the problem at hand
- Positive and inclusive attitude, enjoying the social culture of the studio