We are looking for a confident and creative UX designer to create products and interfaces that are compelling and easy to use for millions of our customers.
Our talented and collaborative multidisciplinary team is made up of design, research, and prototyping specialists. As a designer, you will be focusing on exploring and solving customer problems, pushing the boundaries of design whilst contributing to creation of best practices and maintaining consistent experience across all of Tesco web based products and services.
With genuine appetite for complex information, you will have experience in research and technical implementation as well as a passion and energy for design and visual communication of your ideas.
Insights and data is what drives our team and you will use it to empower your decisions to support and enhance the lives of people when coupled with a clear understanding of their evolving needs. Optimisation tools will be your way of pushing the needle against your objectives and KPI’s
As our ideal candidate, you’re passionate about the understanding the customer and championing their needs whilst utilising your experience with design systems and processes focusing on speed and collaboration.
- Represent the “User Experience” translate customer requirements into defined specifications and inspire the Engineering team to develop the right product delivering value to our customers and our business.
- Use data as a discovery process to define what site’s primary objectives are and should be.
- Conduct usability tests, card sorting exercises, stakeholder interviews and user polling to help inform and evaluate design
- Work with feature development teams to make sure that the workflow reflects the customer’s needs and ensure consistency among features.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Define innovative user journeys and engaging interactive concepts, which result in improved user experience on our site and apps.
- Design user journeys and user experiences across the company various access points: including e-commerce, and account management.
- In addition, work across the company’s multi-platform sites: and support experiences developed based on responsive design principles.
- Clearly present various stages of design development to business owners, team members and other stakeholders.
- Partner with Product Management, Research and Engineering to align UX vision and activities with our business goals
- Improve research, design, and development processes to gain efficiency, remove obstacles, and simplify problems.
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience of research, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, user testing, and implementation.
- Creating quick sketches, paper prototypes and translating them to fully functional prototypes that are used in design discovery phase the validate your solutions against customer needs.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
- Experience of data analytics and optimization tools such as Omniture, Test & Target, optimizely would be desirable, but not essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology or other related field would be desirable but not essential.
- Solid understanding of front-end, back-end, and the software development life cycle would be a great advantage (no coding required)
- Retail/Ecommerce experience advantage but not essential
- 4+ years of experience
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership