ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Based in London, we specialise in developing sites, apps and creative solutions for our evolving brands that enable like-minded people to connect. Our aim is to creatively connect people through technology. Our flagship product is Recon; the largest gay fetish social network.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a talented Visual / UI Designer with a passion for creating beautiful user interfaces to join our team and work alongside our UX Designer.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for close team collaboration and open communication. Being a small team with a big remit often means taking a leap into the unknown a willingness to embrace that challenge is key! Design critique is constant, so being comfortable with presenting your designs and process, as well as taking on board feedback, is a must.
Our UX team acts as a critical bridge between our product and engineering teams. We are empowered to explore and collaborate around challenges, developing and testing hypotheses as we proceed. Our aim is to propose and validate experiences that delight our customers and satisfy business goals through a combination of design and research activities.
- You’re an excellent communicator who can converse with technical and non-technical individuals.
- You have a natural passion for UI design, technology and making things better.
- You’re a champion of agile UI principles.
- You display an elevated level of attention to detail.
- You are confident in your own ability and are happy to share your knowledge and experience with others.
- You love problem solving through design and complex requirements don’t scare you.
- You’re happy to work on a small design team and wear a variety of hats.
- You’re inquisitive, passionate about giving users what they need, and eager to speak to customers directly.
- You’re passionate about creating attractive, clean and user-centred experiences.
- Interaction and interface design.
- Develop and maintain a coherent cross platform design system.
- Collaborate with product, brand, UX and developers to produce outstanding design across multiple projects.
- Creating exceptional visual designs assets that celebrate our content, which our users find useful, usable and ultimately delightful.
- Collaborate with colleagues in workshops and brainstorms.
- Turn low-res wireframes and broad conceptual ideas into high-res mock-ups that communicate how the finished product should look and behave.
- Incorporate the company brand identity and aesthetic consistently and efficiently.
- Research and stay abreast of User Experience, User-Centred Design, and Interaction Design trends across platforms.
- Sharing new research, industry trends and insights with team members.
- Creating and maintaining style guides, pattern libraries or user interface guidelines.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Exceptional visual design skills.
- A solid portfolio, illustrating your work, process, visual design skills, as well as final product experiences.
- A proven track record of designing and shipping successful software design experiences for multiple device types and contexts.
- A passion for user interface design experience.
- Experience and knowledge of designing across a broad range of devices including mobile & desktop web, Android and iOS.
- Working knowledge of web and mobile app design best practices, focusing on responsive, adaptive and fluid design across multiple devices and screen types.
- An understanding of user interface design patterns and standard User Centred Design methodologies.
- Ability to convey your ideas via strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage projects along with a proven ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and react quickly to changes in direction.
- Strong understanding of modern software and application development processes and methodologies.
- Excellent typography and layout skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Adobe suite, Sketch, Marvel and an advanced interaction design tool such as After Effects, Flinto, Principle, Framer or Origami. We’re also willing to let you bring over your favourite tools for visual and interaction design and wire-framing tools.
- Core interaction design skills, knowledge of user-centred design methodologies, and a good understanding of usability.
WHAT’S IT LIKE TO WORK AT T101?
- Like you, we take pride in shipping high quality products and we understand that quality takes time and many iterations.
- Our team has a strong emphasis on collaboration, problem solving and getting things right, yet we’re supportive when things go wrong.
- We all enjoy our jobs and care very deeply about growing as individuals, as a team and as a business.
- Our working hours are excellent and flexible, we trust our staff to deliver their work.
- There’s a fun, relaxed atmosphere at our great office in Islington, London located between Angel and Old Street with plenty of space (including a quiet library space), casual environment, comfy chairs, shower room with towels, complimentary soft drinks, coffee, tea and fruit.
- We follow an Agile/SCRUM-based iterative development process and short delivery iterations.
- We are dedicated to keeping up with the latest technologies, practices, patterns and tools related to product development. We take time out to share our knowledge with one another and improve both our skills and our development environment.
- You’ll have the satisfaction you get from knowing that your work is being appreciated by hundreds of thousands of users and you will also learn creative ways to solve problems related to scaling to accommodate such a large user base on a system where there is a high and increasing amount of online interaction.
- Salary in the range of £45k-£60k depending on experience.
- Private health cover.
- Pension contribution matching.
- Performance-based bonus and salary review every April.
- 20 days’ holiday as standard.
- Option to buy up to 6 holiday days per year.
- Additional holiday allowance awarded upon 3 and 5 years of service.
- Cycle to work scheme.